I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Heading toward the weekend
Just a few photos from a couple of weeks ago when I was experimenting with my camera and TRYING to get some decent photos of the birds that come to one of my sock feeders out front. The finches and sparrows sure enjoy these sock feeders! I've found that I can purchase the thistle seed from either WINCO (by the pound, in bulk) or from our neighborhood WalMart, where it is $14.00 a bag. Their bag lasts me a few weeks. The little birds sure like this stuff! The doves, however, prefer regular birdseed, especially the COSTCO (red) bag. I don't always get to COSTCO, so I supplement that, also, with a bag that I buy at WalMart.
I came home EXHAUSTED yesterday afternoon. Hubby had a family dinner planned at our son's house, but I was too tired to even go. I fell asleep at 5:00 pm (YES!) and awoke about 7:30...stayed up for an hour and watched some TV, then fell asleep for the night. I'm tired again this afternoon, but I think I'll be able to stay awake until later (I hope!). This darn virus has really got me tired! I finished my Z-Pak today and I remember my own doctor telling me once that it takes another 7-10 days for the Z-pak to "do its thing" in your system. I'm back drinking my green smoothies, so I'm hoping they will help to get my energy level back up. I was doing fine until this DARN virus hit me! Phooey! Two steps forward, ten steps back, I guess!
'Ya all have a wonderful weekend! In addition to it being Valentine's Day tomorrow, it is also my birthday, so I'm sure the kids will completely wear me out at school tomorrow!!! :-)
***UPDATE***Yes, WINCO has thistle seed in bulk, as well as birdseed and black sunflower seeds. The birds don't like their birdseed, so I don't buy mine there. It has BIG seeds...too big for the little sparrows and finches. I like the COSTCO mix the best, but, like I said, I don't always have the time (or patience) to travel there to buy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope you are feeling better soon. No fun to be so drained. Didn't know thistle seed was available in bulk at Winco, thanks for the tip. We scatter a variety of seed on the ground for the doves and they sure seem to enjoy that.
ReplyDelete