Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Senior Pass!



Yes, that's me getting my senior pass at the Cottonwood ranger station at Joshua Tree National Park.  Hubby was there to record the moment!  :-)  Nice lady at the counter.  I like this ranger station.  It has lots of shirts, hats, postcards, maps, and information.  If you go to the park, be sure you stop here and ask for maps.  Oh, and bring plenty of water and sunscreen.  It can get hot in the park.  I made sure I had my backpack full of water, snacks, hats, and sunscreen.  It was about 76 degrees yesterday and by afternoon, it was hot!  There are NO stores in the park, except this ranger station, so bring whatever you need.  Also, make sure you have a full tank of gas as there are NO gas stations in the park.  You should fill up in either Indio (if you come in the Cottonwood entrance) or Joshua Tree (the city) if you come in from the west.  Joshua Tree and Yucca Valley have plenty of places to eat and buy groceries.  Indio has a Target and WinCo at the Jackson Street exit.  After that, there are a few gas stations, but not much else.  Chiracco Summit does have a market and gas, but that's further east of the park.

3 comments:

  1. I love my senior pass!
    It was almost worth getting old for.
    You gave some good advice for those going to JT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I love my senior parks pass. Russ got his at that same location several years ago. Now get out there and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete