COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, February 14, 2014

I'm very touched

I just wanted to say that I've read the comments so far today and I'm very touched.  You guys are THE BEST! I don't know anybody here personally, but I feel like we are a family.  Thank you all for your heartfelt birthday and Valentine's Day wishes!  I really DO appreciate them!

Today went pretty well at school, too.  I had 5 kiddos absent, so I only had 25 today.  It was "free Friday" at the Riverside County Fair and Date Festival and I have a feeling a couple of them went to the fair.  The first Fridayt is always free.  In case you want to go, it runs for the next 9 days.  There are booths, exhibits, livestock, and rides.  I used to go every year, but then it got so darn crowded.  I don't attend anymore as I have other things to do (like go visit my horses) and frankly, I can't stand the crowds!  I also don't attend the Los Angeles County Fair, which is in September.  I few years ago, another teacher and I went for the day, and all we did was walk around and look at stuff in booths.  It was underwhelming.  And, it was HOT and parking was a LONG way away!  Frankly, I'd rather be somewhere with some scenery and my camera!   :-)

I try to get out on the weekends and then post my photos for the next week every day, but, since I was SICK all last weekend, I didn't take even one photo.  I stayed home in my pajamas pretty much all last weekend.  I'm feeling better now (I'm back to drinking my green smoothies), so this weekend I should be able to GET OUT.  And, hubby is off the entire weekend, as well, and the weather is nice, so I'm sure we'll go SOMEWHERE!

A couple of other bloggers talk about the paperback books they read.  I thought I'd mention that I'm very fortunate to have library cards at the Palm Desert public library as well as the Rancho Mirage one.  Rancho Mirage tends to have newer books and you HAVE to be a resident of either Palm Desert or Rancho Mirage.  The Palm Desert library is a county library satellite (it's on the College of the Desert campus) and I can request books from ANY library in the county so be sent there.  I'm currently reading The Lost City of Z, War on the Run (the story of Richard Rogers)...I have two ancestors who fought in this Revolutionary War campaign, General Stark and his son, and they are mentioned in the book.  I'm also reading a book about the contributions of the Scots-Irish in early America, since both my maternal grandmother and grandfather had families that were Scots-Irish.  It's nice being able to request books from any library in the Inland Empire and receive it in a few days!  I also frequent the Idyllwild library and I LOVE their sales rack there!  I've bought cookbooks, childrens' books, and fiction and non-fiction books there for very reasonable prices (either 25 cents or 50 cents or a dollar for hardcovers).  I know a lot of us still love the feel of a book.  I'm one of them.  Hubby has a Kindle and I've only read part of one book on it.  I still like to hold a book in my hands and read it.  How about you?



Some pretty flowers from a couple of years ago.  Not really sure what the wildflowers will be like this year...sigh...not enough rain.

1 comment:

  1. I do love the feel and even the smell of a book, but I gotta say, holding a Kindle is much easier!! I get books from the library once in a while but I can also borrow on my Kindle and that's a real bonus. I'll always love a "real" book though. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete