Nothing new to report here. I stayed in my pajamas again all day yesterday. However, I did go out back and rake some leaves up and trim our mulberry tree. Somehow I managed to fill 2 of the big, green trash containers! :-) That was a job well done. I'm keeping an eye on my sweet pea seeds, which are growing nicely. They LOVE all the sunshine we've had this season. I also added some horse manure tea to them and they responded by almost doubling in size! I'm going to have a nice crop of sweet peas for sure this season.
My sunflowers are a real flop. Many of them have failed to even sprout. Guess I won't be having many sunflowers this year.
I do have a nice little plot of wildflowers next to our fence on the west. They get southern light and morning light. I see alyssum and some California poppies coming up there.
I did buy a wild sunflower mix, a cosmos mix, and another mix from a company up in Oregon and I think I'll plant all of them this next weekend. We are forecast to have temps in the 80's for the rest of the week here, which, once again, makes me wonder about this coming summer...shudder...
No students today. Instead we have a morning training, lunch, and then some kind of award ceremony...I hope I can stay awake!
No comments:
Post a Comment