COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, February 10, 2014

Urgent care

I awoke early Saturday morning (1:30 a.m.) with a severe sore throat.  It was enough to keep me awake for a couple of hours.  I drank some Kefir that morning and stayed in my pajamas all day.  I also slept for 13 hours that night.  But, by Sunday morning, I knew I would have to go to urgent care and get some antibiotics.  Fortunately, a new branch of our Desert Oasis Health Care just opened 3 blocks away from our home.  This is the office I drove to after my concussion at school.  I was the first "victim" of the day (the staff teasingly called us "victims"!) and I was examined by the same nice doctor who looked me over after my collision with an 8 year old playing soccer at school.  He wrote me out a prescription for a Z-Pak and I was done.  Apparently they faxed it over to CVS pharmacy and it was ready in an hour!  I paid $9.91 for it (with my insurance) and I went home and took the first 2 pills (2 pills the first day, then 1 pill a day for the next 4 days...)

I slept 2 hours that afternoon and by last night, the sore throat was gone.  However, I am coughing a bit.  My fear is that this will, once again, turn into bronchitis, so I'm resting.  I may go out today and do a SHORT walk and take photos of the Cedar waxwings and the robins.  IF, IF, IF I have the energy, I'll drive up to the horses and give them their weekly psyllium.  (I buy the powdered form because one vet told the ranch owner it was better than the pellets.  It sure goes make a nice gel!"

So, I have been out ALL weekend.  But, I'm hoping to get out this morning!  :-)

I did find these photos of fairy dusters from February last year, so I'm posting them.


2 comments:

  1. Yowser! Hope you're feeling better right soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick anytime, but especially so when you have things to do.

    ReplyDelete