Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Grandma's teacups~Sunday stills challenge 111510







This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is coffee mugs or tea cups. I have my grandmother's collection (part of it, anyway) of tea cups. I was the one who, as a child, wherever we went, bought a tea cup set back for Grandma, since she was well beyond her traveling days. I remember stopping in Kansas, Washington D.C., Maryland, and Nebraska to buy her a set. Unfortunately, when she died, my cousin ended up with the majority of the set (alas...), so I wrote to my aunt and asked for them back. I only got a few back and I have them on display in my china hutch. Right now our kitchen table is against it as we are rearranging our kitchen and I simply don't have the strength to move it and set them out, so I took these pics through the glass. The Alaska cup must have come from my other cousin, who lives in Anchorage, as I've never been there! Does anybody else collect tea cups? Gosh, I haven't bought one in years. Now I buy coffee cups and I have quite a collection of those! Sunday Stills Challenge for November 14, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. cups from our grandmother are very precious! I know how you feel, as I gave my grandma a necklace when she was sick, and now I have it back as a fond memory of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they remain in the display cabinet and not to be used. Too precious.

    ReplyDelete