Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"P" is for...ABC Wednesday 110310





"P" is for pinyon. While I live down in the desert, I travel through a pinyon forest every time I drive up our local mountains to visit my horses. I board them up in the mountains, out of the desert. I enjoy stopping to view the pinyon trees, especially the dead ones. They have a certain beauty and grace, don't you think? There are some live ones that lean out over the highway, including this one. While there aren't many turnouts, there are a couple of places where one can stop, and I see many people pulled over on the weekends. They are off hiking and exploring our pinyon areas! ABC Wednesday for November 3, 2010. For other participants, please visit: http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting! The tree in your first photo is really graceful - a lovely shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. new word for me.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stark imagery of these trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice drive. And yes I like to look at dead trees also. It is interesting to look at the shapes without all the leaves.

    ReplyDelete