Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rainbow over Deep Canyon~Scenic Sunday and SOOC Sunday 11/21/10

After our dreadful summer here, autumn has FINALLY arrived. We have a series of three wintry storms stacked up out in the Pacific and yesterday the first one passed over the valley. I was up in the mountains at the horse ranch giving an extra meal and some oil to my horses. They were all wet and it was windy. On days like that, they NEED the extra calories to keep warm. On my way back down the mountain, I spotted rainbows at various points, but I especially liked this one over Deep Canyon. I pulled over at a very narrow turnout to hop out of the car and take this photo and when I opened my car door, the wind very nearly tore it off! YES! It was that windy! And, cold! By the time I got home, I was shivering and I had 3 layers of clothes on...an old white t-shirt, a Cabella's vest, and a hooded sweater from Old Navy! I kept shivering until I took a hot shower! Brrrr....our mountains are predicted to get some snowfall from these storms. Apparently the next one is moving in because, here at 4:00 a.m., the winds are kicking up again outside. Scenic Sunday and Straight Out of the Camera for November 21, 2010. To visit Straight Out of the Camera, please visit: http://www.murrieta365.com/ To visit Scenic Sunday, please visit: http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my heavens! This shot gave my tummy that fluttery feeling and I'm nearly without speech! What a photo - what a scene. Thank you so much! I found your blog via Scenic Sunday and shall visit again. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of the rainbow, and worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a pretty view...Happy SOOC Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting place and perfect for nature adventure

    http://www.sheaky.com/2010/11/straight-out-of-camera-sunday_21.html

    ReplyDelete