Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My picture~Sunday Stills Challenge 112810

That's me, about 30 years ago, holding our daughter and her cousin. Jennifer is in the blue outfit (she would KILL ME if she saw how chubby she was at the time!). Her cousins (she now has two) both live in Ancorage, Alaska, but are very close to Jennifer and her brother and fly down here about twice a year. Last summer, Jennifer and her husband flew to Alaska and spent a week there fishing with her cousins and driving out to my cousin's cabin near Denali. I'm very pleased that these family members are so close knit. I never knew my dad's family or my own first cousins (from his sister), but last year, one of them tracked me down from a post I posted over 7 years ago on Ancestry.com!!! Can you believe it? YES!!! And, indeed, this is my first cousin! Since then, I've "chatted" with another cousin, who lives in Texas. I'm pleased that I finally made contact with them, but we've lost a whole lifetime of chances to get together. So, I'm happy that my children and their cousins in Alaska keep in touch! Sunday Stills Challenge for November 28, 2010. My cousin actually took this photo with my camera, I scanned it, and loaded it up on my computer. Isn't technology great? For somebody who has a blog dedicated to the outdoors and landscapes, and who could care less about having her photo taken, this was indeed a difficult challenge!

3 comments:

  1. no fair. 30 years ago! lol Neat family story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you looked lovely way back then.
    I look totally different today from how I looked 30 yrs ago.....heck I was only 14!

    Something more recent, please? lol!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look too young to be a mom! What a cutie! Oh and so are the kids! ;-)

    ReplyDelete