Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"S" is for ... ABC Wednesday 112410


SILHOUETTE. As I was driving down a dirt road above Deep Canyon last weekend, I heard the chatter of a woodpecker. I looked out of my car window (it was misting outside) and saw the SILHOUETTE of this woodpecker in a dead pinyon tree. Of course, when I got out to take a closer look, he flew off! There are many woodpeckers in the pinyon trees above Deep Canyon, as well as blue jays and I always enjoy seeing them. ABC Wednesday for November 24, 2010.

4 comments:

  1. that's some sight! and love that word, silhouette.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post for a S-word :)

    http://fotochip.blogspot.com/2010/11/s-is-for-snow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful photo! and the dead tree almost looks like an S.
    HelenMac, ABC team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your woodpecker is a Northern flicker! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete