While I was out taking photos of doors yesterday morning (and hoping I wouldn't be arrested!!!), I came upon several jacaranda trees in bloom. These trees love the desert heat and they are now showing off their color. Aren't they beautiful? It's so enjoyable seeing purple trees dot our desert landscape! Creative Exchange for May 9, 2011. To view other participants, please visit: http://www.lgordonphotography.com/
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, May 9, 2011
Jacaranda blossoms~The Creative Exchange~May 9, 2011
While I was out taking photos of doors yesterday morning (and hoping I wouldn't be arrested!!!), I came upon several jacaranda trees in bloom. These trees love the desert heat and they are now showing off their color. Aren't they beautiful? It's so enjoyable seeing purple trees dot our desert landscape! Creative Exchange for May 9, 2011. To view other participants, please visit: http://www.lgordonphotography.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what beautiful work!!
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful, and I have never seen anything quite like it! Are they big trees?
ReplyDeleteFantastic point of focus in this photograph.
Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.
Have a wonderful day!
lisa.
I was immediately curious as to why you were afraid of being arrested.....unless you were really close to those doors! ;-) This is such a beautiful image of purple blossoms.
ReplyDeleteWhat have I been missing all these years: not ever seeing a jacaranda tree.
ReplyDeleteThe individual trumpetlike flowers are so beautiful.(better than doors any day :-)
Those blossoms are beautiful...such a wonderful way to welcome spring.
ReplyDeletethe lavender of this blossom is so striking and beautiful. I just love the color and the fluffiness. I like lavender so much I have a lavender kitchen! This is such a nice shot.
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers! I can't imagine seeing those trees in the desert. Must be a wondrous sight!
ReplyDelete