The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Cahuilla overlook~Our World Tuesday~052212


I couldn't get my laptop to work this morning and it wouldn't post any photos, so I gave up and went to the park for a long walk instead.  I mean, REALLY!  I shut it down and left it all day and it seems to be working now, so who knows what was wrong!  I stayed home Saturday as hubby was off work and he wanted some company.  But, he went to work Sunday morning and I just couldn't get going.  I was tired and I had a headache.  I just felt "off".  I drove up partway to the horses and turned around and came home.  It was 9:30 a.m. by then and it was HOT, HOT, HOT!  I was tired and cranky and couldn't see driving another 35 miles just to throw feed at the horses and not really spend quality time with them.  I did pull off at the Cahuilla overlook, which has a parking area and some signs and offers a great look down into Deep Canyon.  The Cahuilla Indians lived in this area for thousands of years and still have a lot of reservation land up in the local mountains. I came home after this and stayed indoors for the rest of the day.  It was 109 degrees on our front porch this morning.  Ugh!  Our World Tuesday for May 22, 2012.  To visit OWT, please go to this link:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

1 comment: