Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pink roses~Sunday Stills Challenge~052012

I went over to the park yesterday morning after my one our morning walk.  I wanted to get some photos of the roses there before they all withered in our extreme heat.  We had days of 107 and 105 last week.  This weekend, it's down to the low 90's, but next week the temps climb up again.  I don't think the rose garden at the park will last much longer.  I found these pink roses and, as you can see, they are already wilting.  Sunday Stills Challenge for May 20, 2012.

6 comments:

  1. Nice. You just reminded me to get outside and shoot the cereus flower before it folded up for the day. At 8am I was almost too late already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color. Too bad the roses in your area is almost done for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is a bit off target, but have you heard about what has been going on with the Big Horn Sheep in San Diego Co ?

    SILENCE OF THE LAMBS: U..S. GOVERNMENT AUTHORIZES KILLING OF ENDANGERED BIGHORNS IN PATH OF WIND PROJECT

    Just wondered if you've heard anything up north of there.

    Kevin


    -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a very mild place and the roses are rampant, but where we usually are, they are quickly wilting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, nothing to beat the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! The heat has been here also, but now we are having high winds.

    Linda
    http:/coloradofarmlife..wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete