The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Up the mountain road TWICE!!!

Yes!  Can you believe it?  We went up and down the mountain road twice today.  The first time was this morning when I asked hubby to go along with me because I wanted to do a short hike.  He said, "Yeah, whatever..." and came with me, with his camera.  I noticed he stopped to take a few photos and to observe the animal prints around us.  We came home after driving through Garner Valley and then stopping to give the horses an extra meal.  Then, home to the desert for lunch and a nap.  When I awoke about 3:30 p.m., the entire western sky was covered with thunderheads.  Now, this was after I remarked to hubby, as we got home, "Look at that cloud.  Isn't that a thunderhead?"  to which he poo-pooed my observation.  I looked up Deep Canyon and it was dark and cloudy and when I announced, "I'm going BACK up there!" he came along!  We didn't get far when the temperature immediately fell.  It was cool and we could smell the moisture.  What a great afternoon!  It reminded me of those August afternoons when the thunderheads develop over the mountains.  I guess we had a little preview of summer, except it wasn't that hot in the desert!  We ended up driving all the way to Lake Hemet and looking at the thunderheads over the lake and walking around for a while in the day use area.  What a great way to spend an afternoon!  These are just some of the thunderheads over Lake Hemet this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Great shot and a wonderful way to spend the day, together.

    ReplyDelete