Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Lake Hemet and thunderheads~Our World Tuesday~050812




I was so amazed to see thunderheads yesterday!  We don't usually see them around here until our monsoon season, which is in late July and during August.  But May?  I can't remember the last time I saw them in May and I've lived here in the desert now for 39 years!  So, OF COURSE I wanted to drive up to the Santa Rosas and experience a spring thunderstorm!  It turns out that it was hailing somewhere up there (we didn't see any hail when we were there), but we did get some sprinkles.  Ahhhh....I can't wait for summer!  Aren't the thunderheads beautiful?  They were completely gone this morning...Our World Tuesday for May 8, 2012.  To visit Our World Tuesday, please go to this link:    http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! Thunderheads are amazing! A clear blue sky is nice, but big clouds or thunderheads in that blue sky are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I have seen them come in May twice. One time there was a ThunderBumper that appeared over Lookout Mountain which is that tall pointy peak between Paradise Corners and Santa Rosa Indian Reservation. I was on my way home from Temecula and watched the whole thing take place rather quickly.

    From that point it moved west dumping rain through Burnt Valley and stopped just short of the Anza Electric Coop buildings. The wind had taken a western flow and pushed it back. The pavement was wet beyond the Coop, but there was that unmistakable fragrance in the air of spicy sweet Redshank. You've never experienced anything till you'll gotten got up in the natural high of moist air perfumed with Ribbonwood.

    I've actually got an entire Monnsoon Season Post waiting as a draft, but the seasons not just right for it yet.

    *smile*


    --

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do like the moody and romantic shots of the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely captures of nature and mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your pictures very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thunderheads are indeed absolutely beautiful! LIfe on the desert is something I know nothing about, so this blog is truly fascinating.

    ReplyDelete