Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Salton Sea from Deep Canyon~Our World Today~051512

You know, I really haven't got a decent photo of the Salton Sea in over six months.  It's been so hazy here in the desert whenever I drive up to the horses that I just haven't bothered to stop and even try to take a photo.  But, on this day, the view wasn't too bad.  This is from Vista Point, up on Highway 74.  There was a cloud overhead and you can see the rays coming down.  I wish there was a better view of the Salton Sea from Deep Canyon, but it is only visible from Vista Point and another point further up the highway, where there is no turnout.  Our World Tuesday for May 15, 2012.  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Does look a bit hazy.

    I saw the Salton Sea from Keys Ranch overlook, early in the morning. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! We are up at KQ ranch above Julian right now and have almost the same view. All I have to do is step outside our RV to see it.

    ReplyDelete