The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Less ducks at the park now


There are a LOT less ducks at the park now.  I seem to recall that the white ones stay all summer (I think they are too FAT to fly off anywhere).  The mud hens ALL seem to be gone...hmmmm....not sure if the city removed them or what.  You can see how few ducks there are in both of these photos.  I stopped by last weekend and that's when I saw the wounded goose.  I'll stop by again this weekend and if it is still there, I'll phone the Coachella Valley Wild Bird  place and see if they can come get him or her, although people DO still stop by and feed them.  The wounded goose wasn't over by this group, who was cheerfully gobbling down the food offered by this gentleman!

1 comment:

  1. Why should they leave unless the pickins are better elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete