The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Roadrunners~World Bird Wednesday~051612




I set out Saturday morning to find my coyote pack, but never saw them my entire walk.  Instead, I was entertained and delighted by several roadrunners.  Apparently there was one female among 3 males and they were each taking turns courting her.  There was a flutter and flap of wings and some fancy footwork! I actually enjoying standing still and watching them!  They eventually went their separate ways and I don't know what happened after I left!  World Bird Wednesday for May 16, 2012.

10 comments:

  1. Those turned out to be funny looking coyotes, Cheryl Ann. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roadrunners are every bit as interesting as coyotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great action shots of the Roadrunners Cheryl! We used to have many more here in Northern California but now we have to search for them to get even a glimpse. They are beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're really interesting!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the roadrunners! Nice shots, Cheryl Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to have birds put on a show right in front of you - and even better to get photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roadrunner are such cool birds....love watching them move. Thanks for WBW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love road runners! We don't see them as much anymore though...

    ReplyDelete