I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Saturday, June 16, 2012
First day of summer vacation
Today is my first day of summer vacation and guess what? I woke up this morning at 4:00!!! Can you believe it? Of course, I came home after the last 1/2 day of school yesterday and took a 2 hour NAP! And, I fell asleep at 8:00 p.m.!!! For those of you who aren't teachers, it is both physically and mentally exhausting! My mom, aunt, daughter, and son-in-law were/are all teachers. My mom usually didn't wind down from the school year until after July 4th and I notice that some years that's true for me, too. But this year we're heading up to the Sierra Nevada and I'm sure I'll de-wind in no time! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nothing wrong with waking that early. It's just before Sunrise and that's the best time to photograph.
ReplyDeleteWhen my wife was a model and did many of the Auto Brouchures you see at the Dealership Showrooms, her day of shooting on Highway 74 was at 5:00am.
So we expect more out of you now on your blog!!!
LOL - Kevin
--
Oh, Kevin~ You are so funny! Yes, I'll be waking up early every day this summer! I'd LOVE to get up to the Pacific Crest Trail by 6 a.m.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that being a teacher isn't an easy job. It's not one that I could do (even if I was qualified). Here's to a nice summer off for you!
ReplyDeleteAfter 28 years working in school offices, I'm not surprised - and do not believe - that that the class thing is accidental. Politics occurs - whether in government, religion or schools. Which is sad.
ReplyDeleteI know lots of ex-teachers...so highest praises for you persevering. And summer...too bad you have to be down in hyper-summer and not stay up high all the time. I'll enjoy 5700' and cool mornings for you:-)
ReplyDelete