I wish to extend a big "Thank you" to all who read my blog post about teachers and PTSD. I know I have at least one more year to go...who knows after that. And, honestly, with 5 horses to support, I really NEED to keep going. My district has NOT offered an early retirement bonus now for about 6 years, so they are due to do that this year....cross your fingers for me! They usually give you credit for a couple of years, which would really help.
I'm going to eat better this year and make smoothies with my Vitamix and drink fresh juices. There is a FRESH juice bar now here in Palm Desert and a Whole Foods is going to open September 24th. School starts August 21, so it will only be a month until it opens and I can start buying fresh salads there. I really like Whole Foods.
Hubby and I and our daughter and her family just spent a weekend up in Idyllwild. She rented a 2 bedroom cabin and they brought their infant daughter with them (of course!). We had one day of 98 degree weather, but Friday there was RAIN and a thunderstorm! Saturday was cloudy and yesterday was absolutely delightful, but we had to clean the cabin and come home. There were clouds and a nice breeze. Later that afternoon, there was RAIN, a thunderstorm, and HAIL in Anza! Not sure about Idyllwild...I'm sure they got rain.
It is VERY dry up there. The squirrels are skinny. Each night, we would hear them up in the pine trees getting pine cones, munching on them, and then dropping them on the roof! Poor little skinny things! Such is the state with our drought.
I was thinking of getting a Bullet to make some smoothies with fresh fruits to keep me perky too!...:)JP
ReplyDelete