COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, July 4, 2014

Chance of a thunderstorm today!!!

After arriving home yesterday from San Diego, we drove down to our daughter and son-in-law's home for dinner.  They invited us over for chicken, tri-tip roast, a green salad, and delightful conversation.  Our son and grandson stopped by later, too, so we got to see both grandkids.  A good time was had by all.  Believe me, we know how to enjoy our food!

By 9:00 p.m., fireworks were going off at the local casino so we adjourned outdoors.  There was a breeze from the southeast, which meant humidity from the Gulf of Mexico.

This morning when I opened our front door at 5:00 to feed the birds, WHAM!  I was hit by a wave of humidity.  And, that telltale southeast wind.  One weather forecast site says we have a 20% chance of a thunderstorm.  Um...more like 75%, I believe.  The air is very thick outside and yesterday afternoon I did see a couple of thunderheads develop over our local mountains.



Here is the view this morning toward Deep Canyon.

There is also a fire near Julian, the apple pie center, which still isn't contained.  We saw the smoke from it yesterday when we stopped in Anza at the Dairy Queen.  Two homes have burned so far...sigh...Here's a link to the story:   http://www.10news.com/news/brush-fire-burns-near-julian



So, I wish everybody a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!  Be safe.

Kite shop down in San Diego at Seaport Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment