I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Bird pics
Just some bird photos from the mountains. The grosbeaks which are in the desert in late spring were spotted up in Idyllwild! They'll be back in the desert later. For now, they are enjoying their time in the mountains. I saw some nuthatches and other birds I haven't identified yet. The jays woke me up every morning...ravens, too! I could hear, off in the distance, the calls of a red-tailed hawk. There seems to be a pair of them up near the town. It was so relaxing to just sit outdoors on the patio and listen to the calls of the birds, the swoosh of the trees in the wind, and to experience a mountain thunderstorm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We had some crazy thunderstorms a few nights ago...windy, driving rain....the sun fixes it all though,...:)JP
ReplyDeleteYes - lots of grosbeaks up here in the mountains - they ravage my feeders but i love them. I enjoyed your pics.
ReplyDelete