Apparently it was 113 here yesterday. The thermometer on our front porch said 109 degrees, but that's on the south side of the house, under the front porch roof. And, that whole area gets constant shade from our trees. All I know is that it was HOT!
My task for the day was to clean out the dryer vents, both from the inside and outside. The inside part was easy (fairly...). I was able to drag out the dryer, unattach the hose, look inside (it wasn't plugged). I swept behind it, found an old bra, and 3 dish towels! Oh, and LOTS of lint. But, it wasn't overly impacted. Outside, however, was another story. I've been wondering why it has been taking our dryer 2 1/2 HOURS to dry a load of clothes. That isn't normal. I removed the screen from the vent (the screen is to keep critters OUT), got a pair of BBQ tongs, and started removing chunks of nearly-solid lint. I kept going further and further in and my waste pile kept getting bigger and bigger! I finally got in, up to my elbow, AND as far back as I could reach with the tongs. MY GOODNESS! Now I see why it was taking so long for a load of clothes to dry! I've been using an outdoor clothesline for a week now, just because it took so long. I'm going to ask hubby (who has longer arms than me) to reach in one last time before I attempt to use it again. No, we don't have a garage vac. We gave it to our son and he REFUSES to let us borrow it because of all the dog hair. Isn't that what a garage vac is for? Oh, well...at some point (after I see how much my vet bill is today for the horses), we'll buy a new one.
The vet is coming today to float Quad's teeth. The ranch owner noticed a while ago that he was having trouble chewing. So, the vet will come and take a look. AND, all the horses will get their shots today also. So, depending on how much that bill is, I may or may not be able to afford a new garage vacuum.
I took this pic with my cell phone. My photos are always BLUE and I've adjusted my settings...sigh...oh, well, you get the idea.
Isn't that DISGUSTING? Ugh...ALL of that was inside the dryer vent out back.

No comments:
Post a Comment