COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, July 26, 2014

A few of my new friends




Our daughter booked a cabin in Idyllwild for her 36th birthday, so we got to tag along and split the bill.  It was warm here Thursday (98 degrees), but yesterday morning I could smell rain. Clouds were moving quickly overhead and by 10:00, it was POURING up here.  What a delight.  The rain cooled everything down.  We made a dash to the local bakery and bought 4 slices of red velvet cake, a brownie, a lemon bar, and a peanut butter/chocolate coated bar.  Then, off to the library to check out the used books.  After a stop at the grocery store, it was back to the cabin for the afternoon.  It might rain again here today and it is chilly this morning.  What a nice break from the desert, although they did get a downpour, too, yesterday.  These are some of my friends up here at the cabin.  There are chipmunks who dash around, gray squirrels, ground squirrels, blue jays, crows, nuthatches, and loads of other birds I have yet to identify!

2 comments:

  1. New friends are always nice! Especially when they have a blue top-knot!
    Oh man, I bet you enjoyed that rain. We REALLY need some here. Seriously, I can't remember the last time we had any. Enjoy your time out of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me wish we were at our daughter's cabin. But, much to my sadness, it has been rented out for a while. Oh, well....I will just enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete