COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The antics of ravens and Scout

There is a family of ravens up at the horse ranch and now I just like to sit and listen and watch their antics.  Two parents and 3 juveniles.  I was worried that I wouldn't see them after a hawk showed up near the ranch, but one of the parents harried it until it flew away last week.  I wanted to count noses, which I did yesterday, and all are accounted for.  I sat and listened to them call to one another yesterday, when I drove up to give the horses psyllium because they are ALL (except Scout) full of sand again...sigh...It was a peaceful day up there, not hot at all, with a slight breeze.  I let Scout out into the arena, but she didn't run~she just stood in one spot for 30 minutes.  That is VERY unlike her!  I'm going up again tomorrow morning for my trainer's lesson with the herd, so we'll check on them all again at that time.

This is normal Scout behavior:



3 comments:

  1. third try - it refreshed for no reason on me again and i lost the comment. i'll see if this goes through

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird. i'll try again on next comment below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a pretty horse! I love to watch them run. Not race, but running for the pure love of it. Nice photos also.

    ReplyDelete