COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hottest day of summer and a new record!

Today was the hottest day of summer so far and it was also a new record...It was 118 degrees here today.  Ugh.  That's ALL I can say.

I had to go out front and use the weed eater along our side ("dry tuffs of grass") lawn.  I now also HAVE to water it for 3 minutes 2x daily in order to green it up, according to the city code enforcement supervisor.  What a crock!  Doesn't he know that we are in a record-breaking drought?  If I don't water it, I'll get a citation and $$$.  I did trim trees yesterday and this morning I was able to get all the "debris" into a large trash container.  I swept the driveway (didn't use the hose!) and cleaned all that up, too.  Finally, I reinforced a couple of boards that were loose in our fence.  Everything should be just spiffy now!  :-)


1 comment:

  1. Darned if you do and darned if you don't! I think I'd switch to all desert landscaping. I don't like to do yard work anyway. Especially in that heat!

    ReplyDelete