I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Guess who showed up in the yard and stayed for a visit?
Yup. Mr. Dove Eater himself! And, yes, he caught a dove a couple of days ago. Yesterday, however, he came for a drink and then settled and stayed with his feet in the bird bath. Our daughter had stopped by to show me the clothes she bought for her 16 month old daughter when he landed next to the bird bath. We both just sat and watched him. He wasn't after a dove yesterday...he was more interested in the water. Of course, it was 117 degrees outdoors...ugh! Finally when our daughter opened the front door, he took off and I snapped the last photo. I always know when he is around the yard because ALL the birds scatter, although the mockingbirds DO heckle him! I am glad I got to observe him for a while. POOF! Gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



He seemed quite content just to stand in the water!
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful...dirty feet and all!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteNice to watch the hawk, even if it does eat the seed eating birds.
ReplyDeleteI don't like that they kill other birds that I like, but they are majestic and beautiful. Those Mocking birds don't take crap off of anybody...
ReplyDelete