Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, July 14, 2014

FINALLY! Monsoon moisture!

I was hit by a wave of humidity when I walked out the front door about 5 a.m. today.  Man, was it THICK!  Monsoon moisture moved into the valley and I could see clouds lingering around Santa Rosa mountain.  I had to drive up to the horse ranch this morning as a new vet was coming to give the horses their annual West Nile/rabies shots at 9 a.m., so I left the house about 7:30.  I wanted to get up there, get them all haltered, and sweep off their rubber mats.  Of course, I had to stop and take photos along the way and it was a good morning to do so.  The clouds were hugging the mountain tops.  I've waited all summer for a day like this and we even got some sprinkles up at the horse ranch in Anza.  One of the horses, Lucille, was running a slight temperature, so she didn't get her shots.  Quad even got his teeth filed down, as he had several sharp ones and he was having trouble eating his alfalfa.  Now he's all better!   :-)



Sorry the photos are so dark, but it was a really DARK day!  No rain in the desert, however.

4 comments:

  1. Love those monsoon skies, and hoping we get some rain at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully we will get our rain soon...terribly humid out this way though..Yuck!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, how I would love to see rain in the desert......

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those sky shots - Big Bear and running springs got the rain - we got sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete