COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Lighthouse fence~Good Fences~070414


I found this beautifully maintained fence at the Point Loma lighthouse when we were in San Diego this week.  I took some photos with it, looking different directions.  I especially liked the kitchen garden fence (and garden) out back behind the lighthouse.  It made me wonder what life would have been like here in the early days (before all the houses and cars)!  It was first lit in 1855, but closed down for good in 1891, when the lighthouse moved to a lower location. I read that its light could be seen for 25 miles, but that was on a day with no fog or clouds.  Oops!  Guess that was a design flaw, then, to put it there. Good Fences for Friday, July 4, 2014.  To visit other fences, please go to:   http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com/




Yes, it was this dark and cloudy on the day we stopped to see it!

3 comments:

  1. love the murky look! sweet fence. glad they kept the place up all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, a lovely fence which has a wonderful view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty view ! I love to visit the lighthouses.. Great fence shots. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete