COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, April 30, 2016

My first day of RETIREMENT and I am a grandma again! All in one day!

I took a personal day off work yesterday, my LAST day of school.  Our daughter checked into the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and she asked her father and I to come sit with her.  Her husband had to go into work for a few hours and she didn't want to be alone, so I took the day off.

So, off to Palm Springs' Desert Regional Hospital we went.  I remember how COLD it is inside, so I took a jacket.  GOOD THING!  It was very cold.

So, the little one was born at 11:15 last night!  He was 7 pounds, 1 oz.  We will go see them this morning and hopefully I'll be able to get photos.  He has blonde eyebrows, just like me!   :-)

AND, today is officially my FIRST day of retirement!  I'm doin' the happy dance, for sure!  Hubby took the entire weekend off and he only has another month (maybe less than that...)

So, HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE!
Take care!
~Cheryl Ann~

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both counts! You sure can't beat that retirement present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will hit you on a Sunday night when you realize "I don't have to go to work tomorrow". You being a teacher, am I right? your school may be over for the year. Still Retirement is fantastic feeling. I just completed my 2nd year of it a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your retirement! It is wonderful not having to bring home every germ and ailment kids naturally exude and that teachers find, no matter the age of the kids exuding! And congrats as well on your new golden eyebrowed baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Nothing better than being a grandparent..no matter how many times that happens! Again to have retirement happen on the same day! Lucky you!! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete