A neighbor of our daughter's has come the last 2 mornings and helped with the destruction of the fence. It is now completely GONE! We have had that 6' fence up for 23 years. I miss it, but, on the other hand, I enjoy being able to have all the sunlight out in the front and the view. We live, not on a cul-de-sac, but at the end of a street with only one way in and out. The city closed off the road that goes back to a main street in town about 10 years ago, so we have very little traffic. Ours is a quiet neighhorhood. However, we put the fence UP 23 years ago because we DID get a lot of foot traffic, especially at midnight, with people wanting to come to our house and use our phone! WFT? I think not. So, we'll see. If we go back to getting foot traffic, we'll put up a stucco 5' fence along the outer walkway.
Right now I can't let our dog out into the front yard (due to the lack of a fence). I do, however, take her out with me and I attach her leash to one of the trees out front. She likes to be near me, so she's happy.
I can still feed all the birds and hummingbirds out front and I still have my little flower garden (for now). But, once the REAL heat some, it will be gone. I like that area because (1) it is right outside my office window and (2) it provides some relief and color to our now grassless front yard. We haven't been able to grow grass there for 20 years.
So, we'll see.
And, that's been my spring break. We are going to our granddaughter's 3rd birthday party today and tomorrow I'll FINALLY get to drive up and see the horses.

Side fence is GONE.
The destruction below.
In a way it's an adventure to start over ...i always liked to redo things when I had my own yard (not a rental yard). Wow sounds like the heat is turning on in your area. I don't think I could do that kind of heat anymore. I use to do heavy labor in the yard in Alta Loma even when we would be high 90's. no more! good luck on it all.
ReplyDelete