COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Wildflowers

I FINALLY had a Saturday when I wasn't too exhausted to go visit the horses and it was an amazingly beautiful day.  There were clouds spilling over the Santa Rosa mountains, so I was eager to get going Saturday morning.  It had rained on and off all day Friday and there were puddles everywhere along Highway 74.

The horses were all calling for food when I got to the ranch.  (They will NEVER turn down an extra free meal!)  So, first I fed all of them.  Their corrals were way too muddy to do anything and rain was forecast to begin again in the afternoon.  In fact, there is a travel advisory for the mountains all day today.  MORE rain is already happening.

I stopped along the way and took some photos of the creosote and some wildflowers.  The lupines are long gone, but desert marigolds and other plants are in bloom right now and the hillsides are covered with yellow blossoms.

I'm GLAD and thankful I had an opportunity to drive up to the horse ranch.  (SECRET:  I took Friday off school...Frankly I was too tired to even THINK about putting up with "rainy day schedule").





1 comment: