Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yesterday's rain




When I left school yesterday, I saw that the sky above Deep Canyon was dark and cloudy. I had my camera with me, so I drove up Highway 74. I stopped at Vista Point, which is an overlook, and took these photos. You can see the downpour, which is about at Desert Hot Springs. Quite a few other people had stopped at the overlook to view it, too. This is fairly common here in our desert. Some areas will have isolated thunderstorms and downpours, while others will be dry. More monsoon thunderstorms are forecast for the next two days and we just had lighting right above us early this morning. My black lab, Ripley, jumped onto her favorite chair and cowered and our German Shepherd went down the hallway and jumped on our bed!

1 comment: