Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Boots~"Shoes and Boots" for Sunday Stills Challenge 090510







This week's challenge for Sunday Stills is "shoes and boots". I don't wear boots around the ranch. Instead, I wear the steel-reinforced toe WALMART men's work shoes. Why steel-reinforced? Well, because my horses (I have 5) frequently step on my toes! Believe me, that steel reinforcement comes in VERY HANDY sometimes! I remember one time, when I got Sunni, my first horse, and he stepped on my left foot. At that time, I was wearing walking shoes. OUCH! I couldn't get him OFF my foot and I thought I had broken a toe, but it was just extremely painful. So, to WALMART I went the next day and bought my first pair of steel reinforced toe MEN'S work boots! (size 8). This is actually my second pair. I wear them EVERY time I go up to visit my horses. I board them in our local mountains, about 30 minutes up the hill from our desert home. I don't ever wear these shoes back home in the desert. First, they are too hot down here in the desert. Second, since they are so useful to wear around the horses, I immediately take them off at home and set them next to the front door!!! I have two dogs in the house and I don't wish them to chew on my work boots! Here is Quad, my thoroughbred rescue, nosing MY BOOTS! Enjoy your Sunday! Sunday Stills Challenge for September 5, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool shots of Quad sniffing your boots!It sure was a different take on this week's challenge! I can sypmpathize with getting a foot stepped on, when it happens, you swear and then swear nothing could hurt worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to wear work boots sometimes, usually in the fall when the weather cools down but it's not too wet out. I don't wear steel toes, but I'm sure a lot of us wished we did sometimes!

    ReplyDelete