COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Boots~"Shoes and Boots" for Sunday Stills Challenge 090510







This week's challenge for Sunday Stills is "shoes and boots". I don't wear boots around the ranch. Instead, I wear the steel-reinforced toe WALMART men's work shoes. Why steel-reinforced? Well, because my horses (I have 5) frequently step on my toes! Believe me, that steel reinforcement comes in VERY HANDY sometimes! I remember one time, when I got Sunni, my first horse, and he stepped on my left foot. At that time, I was wearing walking shoes. OUCH! I couldn't get him OFF my foot and I thought I had broken a toe, but it was just extremely painful. So, to WALMART I went the next day and bought my first pair of steel reinforced toe MEN'S work boots! (size 8). This is actually my second pair. I wear them EVERY time I go up to visit my horses. I board them in our local mountains, about 30 minutes up the hill from our desert home. I don't ever wear these shoes back home in the desert. First, they are too hot down here in the desert. Second, since they are so useful to wear around the horses, I immediately take them off at home and set them next to the front door!!! I have two dogs in the house and I don't wish them to chew on my work boots! Here is Quad, my thoroughbred rescue, nosing MY BOOTS! Enjoy your Sunday! Sunday Stills Challenge for September 5, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool shots of Quad sniffing your boots!It sure was a different take on this week's challenge! I can sypmpathize with getting a foot stepped on, when it happens, you swear and then swear nothing could hurt worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to wear work boots sometimes, usually in the fall when the weather cools down but it's not too wet out. I don't wear steel toes, but I'm sure a lot of us wished we did sometimes!

    ReplyDelete