The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

After the rain~Nature Notes~072811



Hubby and I were over in Scottsdale, Arizona last weekend.  It rained Sunday night.  It rained and rained, actually, and there was thunder and lightning.  So, Monday morning, I headed out for a walk. It was very humid and my hair frizzed and I was dripping wet!  But, the monsoon clouds had lingered and everything smelled delightfully like the desert, especially the creosote bushes.  The pathway next to the resort was soggy and I saw some footprints there.  Quail and rabbits were out, enjoying their morning meal (and the water, I'm sure!)  Scottsdale and Phoenix got a real drenching!  We are heading back to Arizona in mid-August, but we're driving up to the Mogollon Rim for a few nights.  Nature Notes for July 28, 2011. To read more Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you got some rain and I am sure that the wildlife needed it. I love tracks, but I can only do them in the winter time....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rainwashed skies. There's nothing quite like the smell after rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh, quenched and lovely to smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovley series of photos! The aky is beautiful. And I like the shot of the footprints.

    ReplyDelete