Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Deep Canyon views and road etiquette





I headed up the highway early Thursday morning. It was another crisp, clear morning here in the desert, so I stopped to take a few photos. That's a Budweiser truck in the bottom one and I realized as I was snapping pictures, that I sure didn't want to be behind him all the way up the curvy mountain road, so I hopped into my car and sped off! Phew! NOBODY likes to be behind a large delivery truck or a hay truck. Although, I'll say that most hay trucks do pull over and allow cars to move ahead of them. There are only a certain amount of turnouts on this mountain road and I ALWAYS pull over to allow other cars (even idiots) to pass, and believe me, I've seen some cars speed up and down that highway. And, unfortunately, I've seen too many accidents.

1 comment:

  1. It's so brown there! Right now New England is lush and green, though even some of our grass is being burnt brown by this heat wave! that last shot is really quite nice when it is enlarged. So glad you got ahead of that truck!

    ReplyDelete