COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Partially frozen lake, Yosemite~Favorite Photo of the Week~070911


Okay, here's my favorite photo of the week for this week. This is one of the shots of the partially frozen Tioga Lake, on the outside of Yosemite National Park. This lake lies just east of the eastern entrance to the park and is at at the top of the Tioga Pass. I took this photo on July 1st and, as you can see, the lake STILL had ice on it! Isn't that incredible for California? Even at over 9,000 feet? I was just so amazed to see ice on this lake that I took a bunch of photos of it, but I like this one the best because it does show the ice floating on the lake as well as the snow which was still on the mountains in Yosemite. Favorite Photo of the Week for July 9, 2011. This is my first time participating in Favorite Photo of the Week and if you would like to view other participants, please go to: http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/ or click on the button on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. That is really amazing, California and ice!!! wow
    Greetings from Finland

    ReplyDelete