The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another fire~This one over 2,000 acres



...sigh...yes...fire season has arrived. This is the 3rd fire in 3 days and this one has already burned over 2,500 acres. It's in San Diego county, just southeast of where I board my horses by about 35 miles. As I left the ranch yesterday, I could see the smoke. Hubby and I left for Arizona yesterday afternoon and we could see the smoke drifting over the California border, into Arizona. We decided to get a change of scenery and since the big comic convention is in San Diego this weekend, there were NO hotels from San Diego to Los Angeles, so we are traveling the other direction. Here's a link to the San Diego Union about the fire: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/22/fire-burns-400-acres-east-warner-springs/

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet that's why it was so hazy in the canyon the last couple of days.

    ReplyDelete