As I was there yesterday, 2 groups of 2 vintage WWII planes flew overhead. I caught the first two, but the echoes in the canyon threw my sense of hearing direction off, and I missed the second two. They must have been flying to an air show down in Thermal. I heard them return late in the afternoon, but I didn't have time to run inside and grab my camera.
The nursery is always FULL of hummingbirds, but I always have a hard time getting a good photo of the little buggers! Either they are too quick for me or I'm not ready when they buzz by the plants near me! I've got to practice getting a good shot of a hummingbird. Any tips? I can't take my tripod with me. I doubt the staff would allow that...sigh...
Anyway, here are some pics from yesterday.
Pretty foxglove
Two of the planes that flew overhead. Can anybody identify them?
Tacoma stans. The hummingbirds love this plant!
Pretty hibiscus
Looking back into the canyon...
Don't touch!
Pretty flower and a hummingbird!


The planes look to be C-47's. The civilian version is the DC-3.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos Cheryl. Judging by them, it looks like a nice place.