Last night my school had parent conferences until 6:30. Of course, I didn't get out of there at 6:30 because everyone wanted to come after dinner until closing...HA! I was backed up...I went as quickly as I could, but 10 minutes per parent in some cases just isn't enough time. But, I made it through intact!
One set of parents came before dinner and I had to call the office for a translator (Spanish). Their son is absolutely HORRIBLE in class and out at recess. It's as if he has NO common sense. Honestly, he does a lot of STUPID things and he doesn't "make good choices". Ugh. So, after 20 minutes of conference, the dad announced, "YOU keep getting my son in trouble! HE didn't get in trouble LAST YEAR!" I announced to him, "No, SIR, your SON keeps getting himself in trouble by not making good choices." Sheesh....This is the kid who TWICE now has been spotted trying to set palm trees on fire! Oye vei! In fact, it was his mother that called the fire department on one occasion! OYE! I'M the one getting him in trouble? REALLY? Was I standing next to him when he attempted to burn down the neighborhood? ...sigh...some parents are in REAL denial.
But, on the other hand, some parents were VERY supportive, in spite of the crazy new math (common core) that none of them understand. And, I have some kids who WILL be college bound, so that's good news.
All I can say is that hubby had some red wine ready for me last night. I sure needed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment