It's been a quiet week here. Hubby hasn't wanted to go anywhere and sits at his computer desk ALL DAY...sigh...
So, Tuesday, before the big storm hit our local mountains, I traveled up to the horses. Along the way, I stopped at my friend Barbara's 2 acre ranch in Pinyon. She's always ready for a laugh or two! And, she's a wonderful horsewoman.
Anyway, she now has 5 dogs, 3 horses, 2 turkeys, 1 pot bellied pig, 2 chickens, and a LOT of pigeons and doves that she has rescued. And, a partridge in a pear tree somewhere, I'm sure!
She rescues dogs off the streets of Coachella...
Some of her doves. Aren't they beautiful?
She is holding 2 of the babies...
Her two goats
Goat kisses...Ugh!
This one was running back and forth from the house to the barn...SILLY GOAT!
We had a good visit. She won't retire for a couple more years because she is only 60 and she'll get a big bump in her retirement at age 62. But, she's ready, like me, to retire! Oh, boy! I've known Barbara for 25 years. Her daughter, who is now out of college, was in 4th grade when I first met her. We got together and did reading buddies...my 5th graders and her 1st graders! What a year that was! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment