COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, November 12, 2015

One day ON, one day OFF...

Yesterday I drove up to the horse ranch to (1) drop off psyllium for the horses.  Psyllium is fiber pellets that help clean out the sand from a horse's gut.  Mine need it CONSTANTLY.  And, (2) to take some photos.  By the time I turned the first corner on Highway 74, I knew I had to turn on the car's heater.  It was COLD!  DAMN COLD!  By the time I got to the horse ranch, I knew I was only going to throw some psyllium and feed at the horses and jump back into my car (which I did).  It was windy and COLD up there.  Quad is doing well in the round pen.  He has room to self-exercise, too, and I believe that is helping him move the sand out of his body.

Anyway, I got home and felt fine, but by afternoon, my head was roaring and my stomach cramps (a virus) were back.  ARGH!  Fortunately I'd stopped at Whole Foods to get a nice, hot lunch from their deli bar, so I stayed inside for the rest of the day.  By late afternoon, I knew I was in trouble.  I took a nap, got up, watched a TV show, and went to bed at 6:30 p.m.  By 11:00 that night, I was ordering a sub for today.  I didn't have a fever, but I shivered ALL afternoon!   :-(  There are so many different viruses going around right now, it could have been any of them...sigh...MAYBE I'll have the energy to go plant the rest of my seeds, but if not, they can wait until the weekend...

Here are some pics from yesterday's visit.  The trees are turning nicely up there.



1 comment: