COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Quad is looking and feeling better

I went up to the horse ranch this morning to check on Quad.  He whinnied at me when I arrived at the gate (he didn't even do that the other day...)  He also SCREAMED for food when I was out giving a snack to the other horses!  He definitely is feeling much better!  He did 3 normal poops over night, and 3 more while I was there.  They are FULL of sand, so some of it IS moving out of his system! :-)  YEAH!  And, he is drinking a LOT of water.  I brushed him and combed out the knots in his mane.  He is obviously feeling much better!  :-)  I gave him a snack of senior feed, psyllium, and some liquid probiotics.  He really enjoyed that.  Oh, and he got some apple slices, too...not TOO many...just enough to add some flavor!  Organic, of course!

 Quad:  "I KNOW there's food around here somewhere...."
FINALLY!  The service here is HORRIBLE!

PHEW!  I'm glad he pulled through.  I lost one horse to colic.  That was Cali, my palomino mustang.  Only she had it so bad she had a twisted intestine and was in horrible pain.  I wasn't there when the vet came to put her down.  I never got to say goodbye to her and tell her how much I loved her...sigh...
This was Cali, my sweet mustang filly from Wyoming.  She was only 8 years old when she died of colic.  She was my "pocket pony".

No comments:

Post a Comment