I just watched an interesting, enjoyable, and thoughtful movie yesterday: 5 Flights Up. It stars Diane Keaton and Morgan Freeman. I always love watching her and him...I absolutely adore his quiet voice. I remember him in "Glory" and how quiet and thoughtful, yet strong his character was.
ANYWAY...I digress...The story is about a couple in their 70's who live 5 flights up in an apartment building. Now, they've been living there for 40+ years. Their legs are getting weaker. There is NO elevator, so every time they go out, they have to negotiate those stairs. In one scene, Morgan Freeman took their dog for a walk and he's out of breath and the dog is reluctant to even attempt the stairs. So, they spend a weekend looking for a new apartment with an elevator. In the middle of all this, a suspect is arrested on one of the bridges near their apartment, and he is Muslim. OYE VEI! It is an entertaining 2 hours, and if you can find it, DO watch it.
So, I got to thinking...hubby and I are always talking about how WE want to get out of the desert. Or, do we? Our children and grandchildren live here. We've lived in our home for 40 years THIS year (in August). I'm thinking about retiring SOON and he will probably only work a couple more years. Do WE want to move? Where would we move? Yes, it is a drive to see the horses right now, but I could always move them down to the desert. But, the summers...And, we DO need to replace our complete air conditioning/heating unit this year. It is 17 years (summers) old and we could save a LOT of money by having it updated and replaced.
And, honestly, where would WE go?...
I think we ALL have a LOT to think about!
One of my daisies from last year. I have Wednesday OFF SCHOOL, so I'll shop and buy some for this season, along with some lavender. I'm going to plant my sweet pea seeds this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment