I found a whole bag of seeds from last year that I didn't plant. I had "misplaced" the bag, but I found it while cleaning my desk a couple of weeks ago. I've been waiting for another rain storm to hit the desert, but I've been checking and checking and NO rain is in the forecast here for the next 10 days, so yesterday I went ahead and planted them. I had California poppies, some kind of "drought tolerant" mix of African daisies, poppies, and I don't know what else. I planted ALL the seeds out front, along the wooden fence between us and our neighbor. I now have 2 daisy plants, 4 lavender plants, and 2 Rudbeckia plants out front. I'd like to get 2 red salvias, so I may head up to the nursery a couple of blocks away this morning. Then my front yard will be complete. I also have some sunflowers growing out front, along the fence. And, I got my sweet peas and hollyhocks planted out back, along the chain link fence. So, I'm pretty much DONE with my fall planting!
Here are some photos from last year:
That's Ripley, my black lab mix, walking through the view looking back at the house. I sit at the window there and look out onto the yard.
This is our 20 year old, neutered male cat, Loki. Yes, he is STILL with us.
A couple of my sweet peas from last April...
One of my sunflowers along the chain link fence in the back yard...
Flowers along the back yard fence...
I hope this year's crop, with El Nino, will be much better. Last year's flower crop was very puny indeed.
I too found some seeds we had left over from last year & planted them Saturday. So far we have not had much luck with growing flowers. Poppies I think they were.
ReplyDelete