The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

And the skies opened up~SkyWatch Friday~071213

So, I took a drive this morning up into our local pinyon forest, which is only 12 minutes from my house, up Highway 74.  What a difference 12 minutes makes!  The temperature dropped about 15 degrees and it was raining.  Not a desert sprinkle, but big rain drops!  And, I turned off the car, rolled down the windows, and just sat and SMELLED the wonderful mountain smells:  pine, creosote, and a little bit of sage.  Then I turned around and went back to the humidity and heat...SkyWatch Friday for July 12, 2013.   To visit SWF, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I love a good storm and the smell of fresh rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful photos for SWF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and words to match. I could tell it was raining up in the Cleveland National forest above Corona and friends mentioned the rain in Orange County but we did not get a drop in Corona. Nice couple of days of overcast though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sitting in our usual spot and saw smoke coming from the mountains to our north west(ish). We turned on the news and apparently there is a growing fire in the Idylwild area. That made me think about you and how much you love that area. I'm sure you know about this fire already.

    We are very close to where the Chariot fire was this past week and were very unhappy to see smoke coming from the opposite direction this afternoon.

    I don't know what else to say. I hope they get it under control soon.

    ReplyDelete