COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, July 22, 2013

Weather update

Our mountains had rain today.  Idyllwild got over another inch and Anza got an inch, too.  This afternoon, I could hear thunder up Deep Canyon.  Hubby was home today, so I didn't go for a drive up there.  If he had been at work, I would have hopped in my car and driven up there.  So, these photos are from the Toro Mountain cam, which operates 24 hours a day at over 8,000 feet. This is the view looking north, so Idyllwild would be hidden in the clouds on the left hand side of the photos. This is after the big thunderstorm.  Hubby just told me another storm cell is on its way into the valley, so there may be more rain and thunder tonight.  Aren't the clouds gorgeous?

4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous... and hope they are helping to knock out that fire...
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got some rain during the night recently but not that much. Lovely photos!

    I had to make a trip down the Los Angeles Crest Highway to see the sunset because the high clouds were so beautiful. It was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl , i noticed you asked about the seed I buy -

    1. Wild Finch Seed (Wal-Mart) all the birds love it - about 9.00 or
    10.00 bucks for a good sized back. Grosbeaks, Western Bluebirds, Brewer's blackbirds, brown headed cowbirds, finches of course...

    2. I always keep suet in little baskets hanging off trees - they love the high energy suet - can be bought at Wal Mart also.

    3. I like to keep nut blocks (there are holders made for them). The nuthatches and mountain chickadees, stellar jays, Northern Flickers, Acorn woodpeckers, white headed woodpeckers - they all love these.

    3. I buy thistle also.

    4. I buy a mix of bigger seeds at Wal-Mart - comes in a green bag, lot of seed for the money and there are peanuts out of the shell, sunflower seeds, and other seeds in it. Many of the birds love these.

    I buy bags of shelled non salted peanuts at Costo - about 5 or 6 bucks a bag - the stellar jays and acorn woodpeckers love these. I throw out several hand fulls twice a day.

    I think that's about it.

    thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they are beautiful clouds and beautiful photos of them! So glad that the rains came.
    Hey, I forgot to tell you something.
    Your header photo on Deserts and Beyond is AMAZING! Truly...

    ReplyDelete