I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Friday, July 19, 2013
Fire cloud~SkyWatch Friday~071913
I took this photo last night. That's a smoke cloud from the fire near the town of Idyllwild, CA. Hubby and I drove out by the Palm Springs Indian canyons. There were quite a few folks out there...some had tripods. ALL were looking at the flames slowly moving down the mountain a little further away. Such a sad scene...I am sad that our mountains are burning. SkyWatch Friday for July 19, 2013. To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quite poignant, looking at this image and thinking that these mountainside is still burning. I hope you get relieve soon!
ReplyDeleteTo happier skies,
Merisi
Stay safe, Cheryl Ann. I've been wondering how close the fire is to you and hoping all is OK.
ReplyDeleteA very sad scene, I hope you and your horses are safe. For just a moment when I saw the your name and where you are located I thought my best friend/sister-in-law had started a blog and not told me about it.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for being sad. I know this fire is in your stomping grounds. It sucks...
ReplyDelete