Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dinner in the mountains

I had to attend a training class all day Wednesday this past week and that really just messed me up for the rest of the week.  I had NO energy to do anything...sigh...I don't like to be like that.  I like to get OUT and enjoy and observe nature, which is why I have this blog.  Instead, I got into another rut, like some of you.  But, I sat next to my good friend Barb at the training all day and she invited the hubs and I up for dinner at her mountain place last night, so off we went, armed with cold beer, wine, and asparagas.  Oh, and graham crackers (for dessert).  There were a couple of Barb's neighbors there, too, and one of them in a natural farmer.  He brought THE MOST DELICIOUS tomatoes I've ever eaten (and I'm not a big tomato fan).  But, these were absolutely tasty (not like the cardboard ones from the stores).  A good time was had by all and we drove back down the mountain about 10:30 last night.  We had grilled shrimp, chicken, asparagas, and 3 kinds of peppers soaked in olive oil.  Oh, and the DELICIOUS tomatoes!  Hubby wrapped some corn in tin foil and put it on the bbq also.  There was beer & wine (I had ice tea, thank you!).  Dessert?  Oh, yes...dessert was a banana cut in half, like a boat, and stuffed with graham crackers, little marshmallows, and chocolate, then put over the grill just long enough to melt the chocolate....Oh, my goodness!  A good time was had by all and we actually got to sit outside and enjoy the evening air and view the skies.  Oh, and Timeless...a LOT of UFO stories were told, too!   :-)  Here are some pics from yesterday.  Yes, there are horses roaming her yard.  It's completely fenced with an electric strip running on the top and bottom.  The bottom keeps the coyotes out and the top line keeps the horses IN!



4 comments:

  1. Dinner sounds great! Fun to read and see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now my mouth is watering for the best tomatoes. you have to tell us what kind they were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I'm not sure what kind they were. He grew them himself! I tried to find his place today and I couldn't find it, so I'll have to ask my friend if he even sells to the public. If not, then I'll buy some organic ones at our local health food store. But, his were DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just made me so darn hungry! I REALLY want to just bite into a nice tomato. A trip over to the farmer's market is in order...

    ReplyDelete